Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 27, 2009

BUT, I’M GETTING AHEAD OF MYSELF…

It’s Saturday evening and I am sitting on the veranda as we sail out of St. Petersburg. I have seen things today that have made my jaw drop and my heart race. I actually had to try not to cry in the Hermitage yesterday. There will never be words to report on the treasures I have seen or the feeling I have for the pride the Russian people have in their heritage, their history and their treasures. There is no litter. The museum babushka ladies tolerate no disrespect for the treasures that they each own. All Russians own the national treasures. Never mind how they got them. So, I promise to write a full report of the sights, but at the moment Internet connections are difficult and I am exhausted. I just wanted to mark the emotion of the moment.

1 comment:

Nan said...

Is this a trick? No photos? LOL!
You sound moved by Russia and her people and knowing you that's not easy to do. Okay, you're off the hook for tonight...but pics tomorrow!
Where to next? This is fun!